Sunday, August 15, 2010

My favorite town in Germany!

Oh how I love Rothenburg!
I don't know what it is about this place that I love so much but I do and it's going to be a place I return to over and over again. It was very crowded the day we went but still so enjoyable.


Right outside the wall there is a playground we let Macen play on when we first got there.

This is a familiar scene throughout Germany in the summer. Everyone puts these planted flower boxes outside their windows and it adds so much to a home or building.

Posing with Grandma

This is a scene (minus a lot of the people) you often see on books, brochures, etc of Germany. Rothenburg is one of the main tourist attractions here and this entrance into the walled area is often photographed for advertisement. Now I have my own :)

Oh what can I say about the Kathe Wohlfahrt store?!
 It's a world of its own! A Christmas lovers dream come true!
You enter the store and there are so many levels of Christmas decor and ornaments you can get lost. They don't allow pictures inside the store or I would show you the year round Christmas displays. I just may have to redo our Christmas tree decor while we are here...every year :) Just kidding husband! Maybe?

Pictures from St Jacobs Church. Still a very simple church unlike so many cathedrals here in Europe but gorgeous nontheless.
At the end of the day, we walked around a portion of the wall to get a view from above.

0 comments: