Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Missing daddy


I just took this and thought I'd share. Macen has taken quite the liking to his daddy doll lately. It has started going places with us occassionally. Usually he loses grip of it once he falls asleep but this time it appears he's not letting go.

A week or two ago, Macen had a rough several days dealing with James being gone. He started saying daddy was going to be gone forever and he wanted to go to work with daddy forever or waking up and immediately saying he needed to write daddy a note. It was some insight to what he is thinking 3 months into this deployment. He is better with it right now but I am sure we will hit another rough patch or several before these 12 months are up.

1 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I can't imagine what you all must be going through. My prayers are with your family. My friend went through this last year with her little boy. Her husband's been home for about a year now and I'm not sure their 3 year old has left his side since.