Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pinterest Craze

If you've been on pinterest you may have noticed there has been a cake batter craze going on...and I was intrigued. So I made a couple of things:


A little dry cake mix added to the melted marshmallows. I didn't really notice a cake taste to these and I added a little extra cake mix than what was called for.



Cake batter bombs - if you like to lick the beaters/bowl after getting the cake in the oven then these are for you. The inside taste just like raw cake batter.


And cake batter bark - I am not a big fan of white chocolate (gasp! You are shocked aren't you?!). But this, I love! I added about 4x the amount of dry cake mix the recipe called for and it tastes so good with the white chocolate. I added a tsp at a time and as long as the melted chocolate didn't change consistency.

There is a pin on the site adding cake mix to puppy chow/muddy buddies/monkey munch/whatever you want to call it. I refuse! Why would you want to mess with an already perfect recipe :)

Now we will move past the food part of pinterest. I found this pin back in January and it had been torturing me daily with wanting to try it.




It didn't quite turn out like the pics on the site. While the colors ran, they didn't run smoothly. Could have had something to do with the unsteady hand of a 4yr old. Macen also informed me it wasn't done because he could still see the white canvas. Since he thought it needed more covering and I wanted so badly for it to look like all the others, we bought another box of crayons. And I may have insisted I do all the holding of the blow dryer this time. I'm mean that way but it was definitely less messy this go around. I also learned from the first round that you need to hold the blow dryer at the very end of the crayon and not at the tips or the middle. Here is our end result:



Yes Macen still said it wasn't done because he could still see white. Silly boy!

0 comments: