Monday, March 5, 2012

Coloring Eggs #1






We did our first round of coloring eggs using Kool Aid. I've never used that as a coloring method before so I thought we'd give it a shot. Kool Aid gives the eggs nice earth tone colors. The lemon one didn't turn out at all. The grape gives a brown/gray color instead of purple but still kinda pretty next to the redness of the black cherry color. All in all a success I would say. I also didn't wipe the eggs with vinegar prior to Macen dipping them just so we could see any lines or such that appeared on them. Several eggs had lines around them which I assume came from the conveyor belt they caught a ride on before being "packaged".

And since we did use Kool Aid I convinced Macen to take a sip of one of them. Well low and behold, he liked it. Enough that he thought Mariah and I needed to taste some of the colors as well. Talk about some potent stuff when only mixed with a cup of water. Macen tasted several colors but then again this is the picky eater who likes to drink lemon juice straight from the jar.

0 comments: