Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Territory

I am in soooo much trouble. Macen has been 'afraid' of the grass since we've been going outside so much. I guess he doesn't feel comfortable walking in it since its not even. Well those days are over and there is no place off limits to him. I was relishing in the fact that while he is mobile with lots of energy, I could look away and know he would stay on the concrete. Now, who knows where I will find him :) Once he realized he could walk in the grass, he did laps and circles all over the yard. He fell alot but always got back up making sure that he only used one hand and the other was as far away from the grass as possible. Once, he even took a nose dive. He made sure to wave at me so he could get the proper attention for his new achievement.
Oh and ignore his non-matching shoes & clothes. I thought we were going out for a quick outdoor evening play session. Little did I know that out of all the times I put him in the grass, he would get brave tonight.




6 comments:

Stacy said...

I find it so comical that kids can walk inside but not on the grass. I had Hailee outside last night and she walks GREAT inside but outside was a whole differed story. Hopefully the weather is nice next week so they can have a play date!

Shantel said...

It was hilarious watching him go to the edge of the concrete and stop. You'd think the grass would be soft and inviting to them. He had no trouble getting into tonight though.

Jamie Busby said...

I feel bad when they fall, but it's still cute to watch! Baylie is really getting around good now in the grass unless we are somewhere where the grass is taller then what she is used to. She will fall and hold her arms up waiting for you to pick her up unless she is in a hurry then she does it herself. We really need to make it your way for a fun play date. That would be a day for the camcorder!!

Shantel said...

Macen doesn't even wait for me to get him. He wants up as quickly as possible. We would love to see you. I know we need to head your way again but we are taking a roadtrip break after this weekend for awhile.

VickeyB said...

Hi Shantel, This is JJ's mom-I have to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! Macen is such a cutie and I just crack up at his expressions!! I have 3 blogs I read just to watch the kids grow ;-) Give Macen a hug for me!! Vickey

Shantel said...

Glad you are enjoying the blog Vickey. I'll admit he is pretty fun to watch as well :)