Monday, March 31, 2014

Countdown


I am not a fan of the countdown chains for deployments when kids are involved. In our experience, James rarely makes it home on the "given" date. But in this case I made an exception because of Maddox. Thankfully, Macen is old enough that I was able to explain to him we may need to take off extra days or add on extra days at the last minute. The boys are really, really done with this deployment. We are still doing daddy kisses but unless I set them out, they have lost interest in it. Maddox has been saying he misses daddy multiple times a day since January and I have been telling him since February he will be home soon. I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe me anymore since James still isn't home. They are excited they get to tear off their own strip every day so hopefully this will help pass the next few weeks.

0 comments: