Wednesday, May 16, 2012

10 months old





The past month has been colds and teething for sweet baby boy. He has become cranky baby boy. He has also become clingy and wanting to be held a lot. I'm not entirely sure it's because of the colds and teething though. I think he likes to be up high like us and see what we are looking at. Needless to say sleeping through the night has been out of the question.  While he was feeling good,  I started giving him water in his bottle in the middle of the night. Apparently after a few nights of that, they don't bother to wake for water. Not our Maddox! It didn't faze him a bit. So once he is feeling better, we'll need to re-evaluate how I am going to tackle getting him to sleep all night long.

On to good news, Maddox started walking in the last month and has spent the last few weeks getting pretty good at it. He can even get to a standing position from the middle of the floor now. He is so proud of himself when he is walking. He also has no problem dropping to the floor and crawling like a speed demon to get to where he wants to go, lol.

Maddox has found his voice in the last month. He is imitating sounds and words we make. I'm pretty sure he tries to say night-night and yum, yum often. He is also starting to copy us. If we point to something, he will point to it as well. It has been a blast giving him new foods to try. It amazes me how willing he is to eat since I had so many food issues with Macen from the beginning. And true to Maddox's genes, he LOVES chocolate. That makes this momma very happy!

I finished pumping. Woo Hoo! He should have enough breastmilk to last until his first birthday. I love that I could provide them with it for that long but I was so tired of being hooked up to a machine. Totally worth it but draining to say the least.

0 comments: