Thursday, January 5, 2012

Finally a feeling of home

I think we are all feeling a bit of normalcy and finding somewhat of a routine now. We thought things would settle a bit now that the holidays are over but I don't think that will happen for several more weeks. We seem to have appts and such booked out for awhile. The house is done for the most part. We haven't even started on the garage or the guest bedroom though (that will be done before you get here Ryan, I promise). And I had every intention of reorganizing all the closets this week but somehow the week has gotten away from me. We did have neighbors from Germany visit yesterday and it was a great feeling. Macen has mentioned several times he misses his friends in Germany and yesterday he got to play with Gabi for awhile. Hopefully that will hold him over until we can get him in hourly care or a program on post. We got our last shipment of household goods this week and now all we are waiting on is our car. They said we'd have it by the 9th of January and they are using up every bit of the time until then.

2011 was a pretty big year for us. I guess we can sum it up with one word -GRATEFUL. So many things to be grateful for!

One final notation - God has welcomed me back to the US with some fantastically warm weather. I am loving it! So you get a warm kind of background for now.

0 comments: