Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3 months old






Our baby is getting so big! He loves to talk to us now and just started laughing out loud. He is even ticklish now. I *think* we are in a pretty good sleep pattern now. He has set his nap schedule and for the most part he wakes only 1 time throughout the night. Maddox is starting to spend some time on his side so we'll see how long it takes him to roll over to his tummy. By the way he kicks the upper leg, I don't think it will be long.

Breastfeeding survived the thread it was dangling by much to Maddox's delight. When he was 6 wks, I had switched to exclusively pumping since we were still struggling with it and that was working well for us for a couple of weeks. Maddox then let it be known he wanted to start nursing again. Hard to say no since I am pumping and he can smell me. He doesn't nurse as well as he takes the bottle though. He will drink 6 ozs at a time and not need to eat again for atleast 3-4 hours but when he nurses he will nurse enough to get a few ozs and then is hungry again in an hour or so. So he nurses throughout the day and then its bottles before bed, during the night and first thing in the morning. It's not really what I had in mind for us but it seems to be working out. And since we are moving, I am having to throw out breastmilk - atleast 10 ozs a day. Yep, liquid gold down the drain. I wasn't happy about it at first but I have come to terms with it now. I am eager to get to the states and start freezing it so Maddox will have it until he is atleast a year old.

2 comments:

Joann and Hugh said...

What a cutie! He is so much bigger than when we last saw him.

Jennifer said...

I love them all, especially the one of him looking in the mirror!!!